TowInfo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tow Program

Fri 23 Oct 2015, 15:21 by Jim Lunsford

Have the latest version of my tow program available for download if anyone is interested

Comments: 0

hello from mt

+7
LZ1
dnh towing
Joyglen
Jerrys Towing
towgirlfl
harold67wm
charli
11 posters

Go down

hello from mt Empty hello from mt

Post by charli Sat 13 Mar 2010, 05:48

Im charli from mt, I do heavy stuff and like to talk a little in between times!
charli
charli
Members
Members

Name : charli
Years in towing : 20

Back to top Go down

hello from mt Empty Re: hello from mt

Post by harold67wm Sat 13 Mar 2010, 10:09

Hello and Welcome to the all New and Improved TowInfo!

Now that the welcome is out of the way... Here is my WARNING to you!!!

I have already read your other 2 post... Check the attitude at the door!!!
I really suggest that YOU read and UNDERSTAND the rules!

Click on the button near the top of the page that says "RULES" read them and FOLLOW them! or if you chose not to, you can be gone!

We welcome everyone from our industry here! BUT, you,my friend, need to engage your brain before running off at the mouth!

Check the hatred and attitude at the door or it will be checked for you!
harold67wm
harold67wm
Sr.Admin/ Creator/ Owner
Sr.Admin/ Creator/ Owner

Name : Harold Williams
Years in towing : 33

http://www.towinfo.org

Back to top Go down

Post by towgirlfl Sat 13 Mar 2010, 10:11

Hello and welcome to towinfo
towgirlfl
towgirlfl

Name : Stephanie Cahill
Years in towing : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerrys Towing Sat 13 Mar 2010, 12:51

Welcome this might be fun
Jerrys Towing
Jerrys Towing

Name : Bill
Years in towing : 30

http://www.jerrystow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyglen Sat 13 Mar 2010, 13:35

Bill are you sure??? Glen.

Joyglen
Owner / Manager
Owner / Manager

Name : Glen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerrys Towing Sat 13 Mar 2010, 19:43

Yes sir you KNOW i love a good challenge sir
Jerrys Towing
Jerrys Towing

Name : Bill

http://www.jerrystow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dnh towing Sat 13 Mar 2010, 19:48

charli welcome to Towinfo
dnh towing
dnh towing
Admin
Admin

Name : Dave Hudson
Years in towing : 25+

Back to top Go down

Post by harold67wm Sun 14 Mar 2010, 11:05

Jerrys Towing wrote:Welcome this might be fun

Joyglen wrote:Bill are you sure??? Glen.

Jerrys Towing wrote:Yes sir you KNOW i love a good challenge sir

I KNOW this could be fun... in-fact it could be real fun and FUNNY at the same time... think
harold67wm
harold67wm
Sr.Admin/ Creator/ Owner
Sr.Admin/ Creator/ Owner

Name : Harold Williams
Years in towing : 33

http://www.towinfo.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LZ1 Mon 15 Mar 2010, 20:35

welcome charli and yes bill this might be fun

LZ1
Committee
Committee

Name : Larry Zimmerman
Years in towing : six years

Back to top Go down

Post by kurtfrazier Mon 15 Mar 2010, 22:21

OH GOODIE, a smart ass. Ill play!
kurtfrazier
kurtfrazier

Name : kurt frazier
Years in towing : since 1984

Back to top Go down

Post by ELIMINATOR II Wed 17 Mar 2010, 20:20

ass spank dance
ELIMINATOR II
ELIMINATOR II

Name : Richard Guttmann
Years in towing : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by shuman services Fri 19 Mar 2010, 00:35

Welcome to the Big Show Charli!
shuman services
shuman services
Committee
Committee

Name : Mark Jenkins
Years in towing : 17

http://www.shumanservices.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TiedDown Fri 19 Mar 2010, 02:19

Hi Charli,
I'm originally from Montana myself but I'm down here in Los Angeles now. My parents still live in Livingston and my dad owns a trucking company there. I understand your point you're trying to make in your other post and I think I can help you understand something if you'll hear me out.

It took me 10 years to get used to life outside of Montana. I had been to Canada before, but I felt like California was more like a different country than Canada when compared to Montana. We Montanan's like to keep life simple and we don't like a whole lot of extra frills and hassles. I used to think the same way you do about all the Wreckmaster stuff and specialty equipment being extra and unnecessary. After a couple of years working down here I changed my mind though, and this is the part I hope you'll hear me out on.

Up there, life is different. When the wind is blowing too hard up on the bench and they close the interstate to divert traffic through town, it's no big deal. There's no traffic, nobody's in a big hurry, and it pulls in a few more customers to the Town Pump and the Loaf and Jug. When they close the Bozeman pass the truckers grumble, but people are used to it.

The same thing happens on truck wrecks. A tow company comes out, but if you need help you make a couple phone calls and there's an army of 49T license plates on Chevy pickups to come and help you. The rancher probably has a farmhand with a bucket he'll loan to the cause and between the MHP, the tow company, and the local ranchers the job gets done.

Montanans are a rare breed, life doesn't work out like that in other places. You are very fortunate to be in a place in the world where people treat each other like that. If the job takes 10 minutes or 10 hours, nobody complains. It's just men working and getting a job done, everybody accepts that.

Now consider a wreck in another part of the country. Now you've got 6 lanes of freeway traffic in both directions and literally 100,000 cars stopped in the traffic jam. The local highway patrol commander has already called the Governor's office, as required, to notify the state of a temporary freeway closure. All the cars get off the freeway to take the streets through town and you have gridlock. The entire local economy stops. People aren't so considerate, helpful, and friendly here, they're laying on the horns and they're calling their politicians and complaining. The highway patrol on scene are getting their butts chewed to get that !@#$% freeway cleared and get it done NOW! They turn around and pass that stress on to the tow company on scene.

The tow company is limited to the equipment they brought out with them and their ingenuity. With the gridlock traffic, there's no calling for that piece of chain you forgot, it will never get there on time. If you can't get the freeway cleared fast enough, the officers will complain and you'll find yourself kicked off the highway patrol rotation for a month or longer. It's times like these that you're thankful for your training and those extra high dollar chains you bought that make your job easier and faster. Yes, they were expensive, but your tow bill isn't going to be cheap because you're going to bill for everything you use. Life is different elsewhere, the freeway needs to be opened back up ASAP, no matter what the cost is. Even the insurance companies understand this, and they normally pay our heavy recovery bills without even blinking. That's just a cost associated with doing business outside of a place like Montana.

I laughed hard at your comment about green thimbles to text like a professional. That was pretty clever! But I think your gripe is misdirected at training and Wreckmaster. You are one of the fortunate ones who gets to live in paradise and will probably outlive the rest of us without ever having a recovery go wrong. You might get away with never attending a training event in your life. But the rest of us aren't so fortunate. We have different demands placed on us that we have to meet, and training is one of the more valuable assets we have available to us.

To be honest, I envy you. I joined the Marines straight out of high school and I married a California girl. I'm stuck in gridlock while you can walk down to the river on your lunch break and catch a Rainbow Trout. You have deer that walk up in your back yard and eat the tomato plants. You don't have a sales tax and you have an 80 MPH speed limit. We have overpriced rent, smog, gridlock, crime, stress, and a different way of life that we've come to accept.

I'm planning to come up for Christmas this year. Maybe I can buy you lunch one day and show me your business. Drop me a line, I'd love to shoot the breeze with a Montana Tower.

TiedDown

Name : Wayne
Years in towing : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyglen Sat 20 Mar 2010, 19:49

God how I miss New Jersey, the parkway, the turnpike, I-80, Atlantic City, the brothels, the shore and the shoot-outs on a Sat night near by where my strip bar used to be! Now I am stuck in Eastern Montana! Yeah, Glen.

Joyglen
Owner / Manager
Owner / Manager

Name : Glen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum